Saturday, April 21, 2007

Day +290 : Happy Birthday, Aaron

I am fine today.

We celebrated our youngest son Aaron’s birthday today. He was born on the 20 April 2006. I was in haematology ward doing my fourth round of chemotherapy at that time. He was the first child that was delivered without my presence as I was not allowed to leave the ward. I described the birth of Aaron on my Blog Day +128.

About two months after Aaron was born, I did my bone marrow transplant. Time passes very fast. He is now a one-year-old cute and healthy boy :-) I praise God to be able to live to attend Aaron’s Birthday.

We delayed the celebration of his birthday until today because we are hosting a church’s cell group meeting at our house today. This would allow more people to attend the celebration.

As you can see, the birthday cake also included a baby called Joan. She is the youngest daughter of my brother, Richard, who was born 3 days earlier than Aaron. Two families had dinner together in the evening and I thought Joan and Joseph could celebrate birthday together after the cell group. But the meeting ended quite late and Joan had to leave earlier, she miss the celebration. You can click on any of the photos below to get a larger view.

Singing birthday song to Aaron. Aaron was enjoying meehon.Aaron was enjoying birthday cake.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids are so adorable! Aaron can eat mee hoon already! wow! When I see Aaron, it's like seeing my son Zach too. He is now 4 mth old. Already, with only one kid, both of us are almost "half-dead" :) I admire you David for having a happy & united big family, with so many kids. It's fun when we aged, we see our kids, with their kids along.. Before zach arrive, I ask my wife Lichu how many kid we want, she says 1 soccer team; now after Zach has arrived, I asked again, and she says: "scared already"..

but I think she must be just joking ... :)

David said...

Allan, I only know that you are blessed with a 4-mth-old Zach :-) May be you can email a family photo to me :-) Having many kids is fun, everyone of them are unique. I find out the older I am, the more I like kids. That's why we keep on adding kids to the family :-)

A soccer team? That is a great idea. Go for it :-)