Friday, April 13, 2007

Day +282: It is more blessed to give than to receive (4)

I am fine today.

I talked on the above topic on my Blog Day +266, Day +267, Day +268 and today I would like to continue to talk about it again.

When my nephew came to stay with us, I share with him our cars also. At that time, my nephew, my wife and I were sharing two cars. If my nephew needed to use car, he had to check with us if the car was available. After I was sick, he assumed ownership of my old Proton Wira, including the maintenance :-) Since he is the “unofficial” owner now, I need to check with him if the car is available whenever I need to use the car :-)

My nephew is now dating a girlfriend ‘fiercely’, there is little chance that the car would be free after working hour. It looks like I put myself into an inconvenient situation by giving the car to him, isn’t it? And you might ask, “Where is the blessing of giving?”

Seeing me not having a car to drive, my sister who stayed nearby gave me her Proton Perdana, which is a lot newer and better than my old Proton Wira :-) So you see, if I didn’t give my old car to my nephew, I won’t get this newer and better car from my sister :-) This is the blessing that I received from giving.

Of course when I give something away, I am really not expecting material blessing such as this. The joy and happiness of seeing people enjoying what I share or give is already a tremendous blessing, but sometimes material blessing do come along.

Giving is a lesson. I am still learning about it everyday and I am very convinced that “It is more blessed to give than to receive”.

Give and you shall receive!

See you next post :-)

No comments: