Monday, April 23, 2007

Day +292 : Follow-up

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 131 (Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 101(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 6.6(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 5.346 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I am fine today. I went to do my follow-up in the morning. The blood report revealed that my platelet and red blood count (HB) dropped about 15% and 10% respectively compared to last blood report. Hopefully, the platelet will not drop any further. The liver and renal function test result was not available due to computer breakdown.

Doctor also cut down my Prednisolone (steroid) dosage, from 6 tablets (5mg/tablet) to 5 tablets per day for this week and thereon reduces one tablet every week. Hopefully, with this, my face will not swell like moon anymore. In addition to this, doctor also stopped the antiviral drug called Valtrex (Valacyclovir). I had been taking this drug after discharged from transplant until now. One tablet of Valtrex costs RM11.30 and I took three per day; RM1017 a month.

However, I am still taking many drugs everyday. These include Penicillin, Sporanox, Famotodine, Forlic Acid, Ciclosporin and of course, Prednisolone. On top of this, I also took Bactrin twice a week. Few weeks ago, I also took Norvasc due to high blood pressure. Luckily, the blood pressure is quite normal now, so I stopped the drug.

My next follow-up will be one month later.

See you next post :-)

No comments: