Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day +286 : Not fair?

I am fine today.

On my Blog Day +254 (A children holiday, adult hard-work day), I said that “I should arrange a holiday for my wife and me alone, leaving the children to my mother-in-law and the two nieces. With this, we must be able to enjoy a relaxing holiday.”

I have been looking for opportunity to fulfill the above wish. When the government declared holiday on 26 April 2007 in conjunction with installation of the 13th Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin (King), I decided to go for a 2 days 1 night holiday at Awana Genting with my wife only. As the holiday was declared ad hoc, we managed to book a Refreshing Free and Easy Package at low season price :-)

I told my eldest son last night about this. “Any buffet provided?” he asked. “Yes, the package includes buffet breakfast and dinner for two person,” I answered. “Not fair,” he reacted angrily, “you go for holiday one time more than me and your holiday is better than last time because it comes with buffet!” Then he started to cry :-(

Unlike other children, Daniel enjoys eating very much and he is also more particular about food. He must be dreaming about buffet for a long time. I promised to treat him a very good buffet in a nearby 5 star hotel (with 50% discount through Credit Card) in the coming school holiday, a buffet much better than the one we will have at Awana Genting. He only stopped crying after hearing this.

Hopefully, with this offer, he will feel that it is fair not to bring him along for the holiday.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David, do you like Japanese Food's buffet? I know a Japanese Restaurant inside Amada Hotel (opposite PJ Helton) has good buffet lunch offer at the week end with very good price.
I try it before. OK


Kuok Chai

David said...

Wow! I like, I like! With the steroid, no matter how much I eat, I am still hungry :-(

Hungry all the time. Thinking of food all the time. All foods, healthy and unhealthy, are delicious now.

How much? I know the hotel, very new to UH.