Thursday, April 12, 2007

Day +281 : Finally, it is done.

I am fine today.

I was in the midst of setting up a website for our church just before I was diagnosed with Leukaemia on November 2005. I was forced to stop working on the website after the diagnosis.

I did not have much experience in developing website, it took me a lot of time to study, understand and to try various open source (freely available) web based content management technologies. I am now able to setup a quite advanced website within one hour :-) This does not mean that I am now an expert in this field. We do not have to understand the technology thoroughly in order to setup the website. What we need is to know how to configure and use it, just like how we use Microsoft Word. I am still learning, exploring, understanding and trying everyday :-)

I started to pick up the work again a few weeks ago. I found out that setting up a website is easy once we are familiar with the technology, but populating the site with relevant and up-to-date content is challenging. In order to do this, I have to work as a reporter for the church; always get ready my digital camera and mp3 recorder to capture whatever church events worth reporting. Apart from this, I also record every Sunday’s sermons using my notebook, process them and upload them to the website.

I invite you to have a look at the website here. It is in Chinese language. You can download the past sermons under the download section. I will be adding more functions such as discussion forum and photo album in the near future.

The cost of hosting a website such as this, inclusive the domain name, can be kept under RM100 per year. Pretty cheap, isn’t it? If you would like to setup a website like this and need help, tell me :-)

See you next post :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Good!!!感谢主. 你的information都up-to-date.很好啊...

David said...

继续努力!正在找人帮忙。

Unknown said...

哦! 你主要要找人帮忙你做什么呢? 比如...

David said...

最主要的是报导教会消息。