Saturday, April 14, 2007

Day +283 : It is more blessed to give than to receive (5)

I am fine today.

Noticing that my income is quite significantly reduced as what I mentioned in my Blog Day +260, my youngest brother, Richard, generously offered me half of his monthly sales commission, without any obligation. I told him that my current income is sufficient to meet our family’s needs and therefore I should not accept this offer from him. However, he insisted that I should take his offer. He earned quite a lucrative amount of sales commission last month. When I received a cheque from him a few days ago, I told him that I would set aside this money as a special fund for our family so that anyone could benefit from it in times of need. He said, “No. This is your money, keep it for yourself.”

While convincing me to accept his offer, he mentioned one incident that happened long time ago. It was related to a profit sharing scheme of a business which he and I was promised 30% of profit sharing in the proportion of 10% and 20% respectively. However, due to some complicated circumstances, the result did not turn out as what he expected. In order to prevent dispute that could affect the business, I gave him 3% of my share. This increased his share to 13% and my share reduced to 17%. I almost forgot about this but he still remember this.

I gave long time ago and already experienced the joy of giving at that time. And now, I also received the material blessing from him. Double blessing :-) The way he persuaded me to accept his giving this time showed that he also gives with a joyful heart :-)

May God bless him!

See you next post :-)

No comments: