Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Day +273 : I see the moon

I am fine today.

When I was having sign of acute GVHD on the 22 February this year (Blog Day +232), doctor asked me to take 120mg (24 tablets) steroid Prednisolone a day. Even though the daily dosage is reduced to 40mg (8 tablets) per day now, the side effect of taking this drug is still apparent. It causes my face to swell like a moon - a condition known as moon face. Many people thought that I was gaining weight when they saw my face and in fact many of them commented that I looked healthier now :-)

Apart from this, my chest also grows pimples and my appetite is extraordinary good.

I came across a nursery rhythm while I was reading with my daughter Adriel sometimes ago. It sounds like this:

"I see the moon, and the moon see me. God bless the moon and God bless me. I see the moon, and the moon see me. God bless the moon and God bless me."

I created a simple melody for this nursery rhythm so that we could sing it. When our family sang this song, we replaced the word "moon" with everyone's name - one by one. For example, "I see Aaron, and Aaron see me. God bless Aaron and God bless me..." When it came to my turn, they would sing, "I see Baba, and Baba see me. ..." But now they can omit Baba's turn. Why? It is because when they sing "I see the moon..," they are already seeing me because my face is like a moon :-) This makes us complete a round faster.

Click the play button (pink color) below to listen to the song.


Or you can download the song here.

See you next post :-)

No comments: