Monday, April 02, 2007

Day +271 : Trust God and Stop Worry

I am fine today.

Yesterday, when I was about to wear the short pant to go for the church outing, I sensed a hard stuff in the pocket. I quickly took it out. “I find it!” I shouted to my wife. It was the Daihatsu Charade key that was missing three weeks ago.

Initially, we had one set of key. My wife and I went to duplicate the key one day before the key went missing. Then I went to attend a cell group meeting the next day and came back quite late at night. When my wife wanted to go to school the following day morning, we searched the original key high and low but could not find it anywhere. It was very fortunate that we duplicated the key one day earlier :-)

Where was the key when my wife and I were searching for it frenzily? It lay peacefully inside the pocket of my pant in the washing machine :-( I forgot to take it out and my mother-in-law did not notice this either. So the key get washed together with the pant, and then get dried under the sun, and finally went into the wardrobe; inside the pocket of the neatly folded pant :-)

My wife was quite worried initially about the key. I told her we should praise God instead of worrying about the lost key because it went missing only after we duplicate it. “It is not missing. It is only lying somewhere where we don’t know now. It will appear,” I told her.

If we worried for the ‘missing key’ for the past three weeks, then we were worrying for nothing – because the key was there. Sometimes, we worry too much in our life - about our future and very often for something which is not true or not there. Bible says, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” Matthew 6: 27.

Trust God and stop worry today.

See you next post :-)

No comments: