Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Day +279 : A right decision and a good mistake (1)

I am fine today.

Today, my wife attended an English course in a school located at USJ 5, a place about 20 minutes drive from my house. She worried quite a lot over the past few days on how to get to the school. Her colleague drew a map for her. Then on last Saturday, I did a rehearsal with her; accompanied her to drive to the school and then drove home again.

After the rehearsal, she got a better understanding on how to get to the school, but she was still not very confident that she could do it without mistake. Since she only drives to specific locations such as school and hospital through fix route, if she makes mistake, she might have great difficulty to get onto the right course. I believed she was worrying all the time.

When I woke up this morning, I decided to send her to the school rather than let her drive herself. What a relief is she after hearing this! She went to teach in the early morning happily and then came to my office at 10:30am for me to fetch her to attend the course. When I just about to leave after dropping her at the school in USJ 5, she rushed to my car saying that they changed the venue of the course to another school in USJ 12.

No on knew that the venue had changed. I wonder why the organizer did not inform attendees about the change earlier. With much complain, we set out for the new venue, without knowing exactly where it was. Worst of all, there were two cars following me at the back. These two teachers must thought that I knew the place. In the end, I lead them wandering inside residential area, making u-turn here and there :-( This was just like having the blind leading the way (瞎子领路). Pity them and I felt so sorry for them :-(

I have extremely poor sense of direction, so locating new places is definitely not my piece of cake. Only after many enquiries, we managed to find the school.

On the way back, I was very happy because I made the right decision by fetching my wife to attend the course. If she drove by herself, I would not know how she could reach the new course venue.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: