Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day +260 : A Minister without Portfolio (不管部长) in the company

I am fine today.

My boss decided not to let me involved in any software development management work which I was doing before, even though I see many areas that I could contribute. Apart from this, I am given total freedom of doing whatever I would like to do in the company. Now, I considered myself a minister without portfolio (不管部长) in the company :-)

I have a broad range of interest. Therefore, a minister without portfolio should not be too boring to me. Now I am free to learn new technologies and see how these technologies could benefit the company; either absorbing them into our software or utilizing them to support the company operation.

However, to be minister without portfolio is not without side effects. One of the most notable one is that the income is significantly reduced :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: