Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Day +258 : Side effects of holiday

I am fine today.

After our Genting trip last week, my mother-in-law and Aaron were down with flue and fever.

My mother-in-law looked very tired but she always insists that she is fine and reluctant to see a doctor. She would never inform us when she fall sick or felt uncomfortable. Sometimes, it is quite a challenging task for my wife and me to make sure that she is fine; lots of guessing works, and very often we only came to know her real problem after beating around the bush(转弯抹角) :-( One occasion, she had toothache. Instead of telling me her problem directly, she said to me, “I heard so and so saw a dentist last week, didn’t he?” Hearing this, I suspected she had toothache and asked, “You have toothache?” She said yes. I brought her to see dentist immediately.

I brought Aaron to see doctor this morning and the doctor found out that he was having throat inflammation. So we put him on antibiotic.

I enjoyed the cold environment at Genting very much, but the same environment made my mother-in-law and Aaron sick. How could this happen? Doctor said the cold environment did not make them sick directly, but it lowered their immune system making them more susceptible to infection. I must remember to keep them extra warm if I were to bring them to cold places again.

See you next post :-)

No comments: