Saturday, March 03, 2007

Day +241 : Mother-in-law's Birthday

I am fine today.

We celebrated my mother-in-law 71 year old birthday today. She retired from teaching career 16 years ago and had been staying with us for almost 10 years :-)

My mother-in-law was born in Indonesia. She migrated to Taiwan later and then got married and followed my father-in-law to Sarawak, Malaysia. She is a Hakka but manage to speak very fluent Foochow :-) As mastering Foochow is not an easy task for most people who speak other dialect, I admire her language talent.

I missed her 70 year old birthday celebration last year because I was doing my third round of chemotherapy in the hospital at that time. I really thank God that I could arrange and attend the celebration this year :-)

It is really a great blessing for us to have her with us! May God bless her with good health and joyful heart everyday!

Click any of the photo below to view a large one. A family photo with my mother-in-law.


My nephew and two nieces also attended celebration. Another nephew came later. Therefore, we have 11 people celebrating the event :-)

Lastly, the delicous cake :-)


See you next post :-)

No comments: