Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day +252 : Think and Grow Rich

I am fine today.

A kind friend of mine invited me to attend Napoleon Hill International Convention 2007 on 12 – 13 March 2007 free of charge. The two days conference worth RM1880.00 and it was was held at Putra International Conventional Centre. This is the first conference I ever attended since I was diagnosed with the disease.

A photo of the Putra International Conventional Centre.

Delegate tag.

I missed the first day convention and the delicious (I think) GALA dinner because I needed to do my regular follow-up at UH on that day.

The convention is propagating the principle by Dr. Napoleon Hill in achieving success in our life. At the end of the convention, I purchased the book “THINK AND GROW RICH” by Dr. Napoleon Hill.

If you are interested to read the book, you can download a copy here absolutely free of charge.

Frankly speaking, I still don’t know much about the principle as I have yet to read the book. At first glance, the title of the book seems to be very materialistic if we link the term “RICH” to money or wealth only. However, as I read the publisher’s preface, I came across a meaningful paragraph which says, “Riches cannot always be measured in money! Money and material things are essential for freedom of body and mind, but there are some who will feel that the greatest of all riches can be evaluated only in terms of lasting friendships, harmonious family relationships, sympathy and understanding between business associates, and introspective harmony which brings one peace of mind measurable only in spiritual values!” Do you agree?

In the convention, one speaker also stressed that accumulating wealth without a purpose is in fact a curse. This implies that a blessed way of accumulating wealth has to be always in accordance with the spirit of giving :-)

I believe while the principles do help many people to achieve material richness, there is no guarantee that it will work for everyone as we are so unique. However, one thing I am very sure is that, despite all circumstances, we are still rich by 'ourselves'. Why? You can read my perspective of ‘We are born rich' here (Day +234 blog).

See you next post :-)

No comments: