Friday, March 30, 2007

Day +268 : It is more blessed to give than to receive (3)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

Why is it more blessed to give than to receive? The very first reason is that there are a lot more opportunities for us to give than to receive, and giving is within our control while receiving is beyond our control. If we enjoy receiving we have to wait for someone to give but if we enjoy giving, we can do it right away!

I opened my house to my nephews and nieces who came here to study and to work. Currently, three of them stayed permanently at my house and another one or two would come during the weekend. No one needs to pay anything to stay with us – food and lodging are provided free of charge.

One of them sent me a message thanking me providing him free delicious food and lodging for a whole week during the last Chinese New Year :-) I replied to him that I was so happy to have him here and my house was always open to him. He could come and stayed with us anytime he likes – free of charge :-)

My heart was full of joy when I saw them enjoy staying here with us, especially when they said that some foods that I cooked were more delicious than the restaurant :-)

I am not the richest and my house is not the biggest or the most beautiful one, and yet they feel that this is the most comfortable place they could stay. I like them staying with me. To me, they are like my children :-)

Someone said that I am over generous, but if you know the reason behind, it may not be that generous anymore :-) I will explain the reason later.

See you next post :-)

No comments: