Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day +259 : From David Ting to David Healed

I am fine today.

When I was admitted to hospital for bone marrow transplant procedure on the 26th of June last year, I was unaware that my ward had access to internet until the 4th of July; that was more than one week later. Upon knowing I had access to internet, I immediately got the idea of sharing my first hand transplant experience with family members, relatives and friends through blog. This was extremely useful because the procedure had to be done in an isolated environment where no visitors were allowed. Thus, the best way to keep them informed of my daily progress was to post my progress through this blog.

The first thing I had to do in setting up this blog was to give it a name. I tried david.blogspot.com and obviously this popular name was taken by someone else. The next choice was david-ting.blogspot.com which was still available. After some more thought, I finally named it as david-healed.blogspot.com, a name which reflects my strong desire of getting healed.

By making some logical deduction between my name david-ting and this blog name david-healed, we manage to come to a very interesting conclusion.

Here is how it goes.

Comparing david-ting and david-healed, we have ting = healed, and since ting is my surname, we come to the conclusion that healed is also my surname.

Now I have two surnames, the old one called ting and the new one called healed. If you tend to be forgetful, just remember anyone of them. I totally don’t mind if you called me David Healed. In fact in some occasions I also named myself David Healed, for example using david.healed @ gmail.com as my email address.

See you next post :-)

David Healed