Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Day +251: Nothing she brings from this world but loving kindness she planted deeply in my heart

I am fine today.

Today we mourn the loss of my third sister’s mother-in-law who lives in this world healthily for 88 years. She encountered major health problem only at the last few weeks of her life.

As you all know, my third sister was the one who donated her stem cells to me that allow me to complete the bone marrow transplant successfully last year. Her mother-in-law was very supportive throughout the donating process where my sister had to come from Sarawak to Kuala Lumpur twice. Not only this, she was very concerned about the progress of my treatment. On one occasion, when she heard that I was recovering very well after the bone marrow transplant, she made monetary offering and shouted “Halluyah!” in the church. For your information, “Halluyah!” is the most joyful word of praise to God. She said to everyone, “God is so good! He cured my nephew!” You see, for some reason, she treated me as her nephew! (外甥)

About 20 years ago, I studied form 6 in a school nearby her house. As the school did not provide sufficient motorcycle parking lots for students, I often parked my motorcycle at her house and then walked to the school. Very often, my sister’s mother-in-law cook me “kampung” (village) chicken eggs to eat at her house and then gave me a few raw eggs to cook in the school hostel during the week days. She said these chicken eggs would boost my memory so that I could study well :-)

She ended her journey in this world and now she is just starting her new life where heaven is her home, a home full of peace, joy and happiness as what the Bible says, "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” Revelation 21:4

Nothing she brings from this world but loving kindness she planted deeply in my heart. May God bless my sister’s mother-in-law and may God bless my auntie!(姑姑)

A photo taken with her on January 2005. Click the photo to get a larger view.

I have asked someone to read this post during tomorrow memorial service.

See you next post :-)

No comments: