Sunday, March 11, 2007

Day +249 : Live to Fellowship

I am fine today. I went to attend Sunday worship this morning. Pastor delivered a very meaningful sermon this morning urging church members to foster stronger fellowship with one another. The title of the sermon was “Live to Fellowship – From Bible Perspective”.

God created us to fellowship with others. What is fellowship? It is simply to foster closer relationship with people. For example keeping in touch, interacting, helping, supporting, depending, encouraging, accepting, loving, caring and responsible for one another.

As what Jone Donne (1572-1631) said, no man is an island. We do not thrive when isolated from others. The tremendous amount of supports rendered to me while I was encountering my health crisis convinced me deeply the need to fellowship with one another.

Life can be too busy for us to find time to fellowship with people but one thing I can tell you, when I was sick, I thought of family members and friends more than anything else :-)

A friend of mine lost touch with his brother who migrated to Canada for almost 20 years. Now he needed this brother’s bone marrow for transplant. However, his brother found all sort of excuses not to donate his bone marrow to him. You can read the story here.

So find time to fellowship with family members and friends even if you think that you don’t have time. It might be more of a priority issue than lacking of time :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: