Friday, March 16, 2007

Day +254 : A children holiday, adult hard-work day

I am fine today.

It is almost impossible to enjoy a relax holiday by bringing so many children along. Parents normally need to put in extra effort to take care of and manage them during the trip.

Our children are of different ages and many attractions in the theme park have age or height restrictions. In order to maximize the ROI (return of interest) of one-day unlimited theme park ride pass, the best way to do is to divide and conquer. Since my wife has to take care of 11 month old Aaron, it is impossible for me to lead two teams of children (分身乏术). Fortunately, my two nieces are around, so that we can split into two teams (兵分两路). Joseph and Daniel joined the two nieces to enjoy the best deal - the outdoor, indoor and Wet Park unlimited rides for a day, while I accompanied Adriel for indoor unlimited rides.

By now, Joseph and Adriel are too tired and fallen asleep, but the two nieces and Daniel are still enjoying the fun in the indoor theme park which will be opened until 1:00am. In fact, Adriel fallen asleep half-way while playing in the indoor theme park in the evening, I have to carry her back to the room :-( I ‘enjoyed’ too many ‘turtle-slow and boring’ family rides, but when I saw Adriel enjoying them, the ride became more and more fun.

My wife and I are very tired now – a children holiday, adult hard-work day. But deep inside our heart, we still say, “worthwhile, worthwhile.” Why? Because we are family!

Anyway, I think I should arrange a holiday for my wife and me alone, leaving the children to my mother-in-law and the two nieces. With this, we must be able to enjoy a relax holiday.

Posted at StarBucks (without coffee), First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, see you next post :-)

No comments: