Saturday, March 10, 2007

Day +248 : I booked a maid

I am fine today.

I booked an Indonesian maid yesterday through Agensi Pekerjaan HAZ which has an office very close to my office. After reviewing many biodata and upon recommendation from the agency, we chose a 26 year old maid from Medan, Indonesia. Her name is Debora and she will be with us in about 2 month time.

Since my former maid did not turn up after she went back for holiday, I need to cancel her work permit in order to get a new maid. To do this, I went to lodge a police report early yesterday for the agency to process the cancellation. The police report cost RM2.00 only but the immigration department will fine me RM250.00 :-( Fortunately, the police station is very close to my office as well :-)

The fee of getting a maid is as follow:

Agency Fees(after discount)RM 2,215.00
Indonesia Processing Fee   RM 1,300.00
Recruitment Fee (Christian)RM   200.00
Advanced Salary (6 months) RM 3,000.00
Immigration Fine           RM   250.00
-----------------------------------------
Total                      RM 6,965.00
-----------------------------------------

I paid RM4250.00 yesterday and we just pray that the maid would perform.

I let you see a photo of our future maid :-)


Based on the look, do you think she will be a good maid? If you guess correctly, I should cook you a delicious dinner when the maid comes :-)

Lastly, may God bless the maid and God bless me!

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she will be a good maid... I think you should dress her properly, with uniform and apron. My maid is always dressed in a pink cotton uniform and white cotton apron.