Thursday, March 29, 2007

Day +267 : It is more blessed to give than to receive (2)

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

When I was young in Sarawak, I liked to follow adults to visit the native Iban friends during the eve of Gawai Day - their major festival equivalent to Chinese New Year celebration. These Iban friends, though normally poorer than Chinese, always served us the best food they had happily. In contrast, when they visited us during the eve of Chinese New Year, we hid the best food and gave them only the inferior food. Who was more blessed? I believe the Ibans were more blessed because they gave truly. They were poorer externally but abundantly rich internally. I saw the Chinese, busy hiding superior food, were richer outside but poorer inside.

It had been so many years I did not have chance to celebrate Chinese New Year in Sarawak. Next time, if I were celebrating Chinese New Year there, I will definitely treat them good food, as good as what we ourselves have :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

1 comment: