Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day +234

I am fine today.

We are born rich! After reading this post you should never complain that you are poor.

As mentioned earlier, the GVHD attacked my saliva glands and tear glands, making my mouth and eyes very dry. In order to moisturize my mouth, I have to rinse my mouth regularly with Biotene mouthwash which cost RM20.00 per 240ml. It is just like artificial saliva, but contains only 4 enzymes out of 10 enzymes found in our saliva. So it is considered to be an inferior product compared to the real saliva. The Vidisic ophthalmic gel and artificial tears that I use to moisturize my dry eyes are definitely less superior to the real tears too.

These are just two examples of vital substances that our body secretes to ensure our body functions adequately. There are countless other top quality substances our body produces every single tick of a second in sufficient amount to lubricate our body, to help defend infections, to digest food, to regulate our body’s functions such as maintaining temperature, minerals, fats, waters and etc.

Adding all those substances together make us more than a billionaire instantly. Bear in mind that I need to spend at least RM1500 per month in medication just to regulate a small part of my body’s function. If everything needs to be controlled externally – which is sure impossible to do – how much do I need to pay per month? If a substance produced by our body costs RM0.10 per day and our body produces a million of different substances, we are generating an income of RM100,000.00 per day!

One very important factor that empowers such tremendous earning capability of our body is our life. Life is wonderful! Life is great! Let us appreciate our life. No matter how much trouble we are experiencing now – poverty, relationship problem, sickness, and suffering - never think of give up life. We may be poor externally, but we are incredibly rich internally :-)

Let us thank God, for it is His grace that sustains our life every tick of a second, free of charge :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: