Monday, February 19, 2007

Day +229

I am fine today.

On the first day of Chinese New Year last year, I was still doing chemotherapy in the hematology ward. On the same day this year, I felt that I should go back to the ward to visit patients even though I alreay don’t know most of them.

So yesterday evening, I went to hematology ward in UH, bringing a bag of Mandarin oranges, two packs of 3-in-1 oat and one bottle of chocolate sweets. Within an hour, I visited all patients in the ward, giving each of them a Madarin orange :-) Some of the patients smile while receiving the orange and a few Indian and Malay patients even wished me “Gong Xi Fa Cai”.

The 3-in-1 oat was reserved for the bone marrow transplant patients because they cannot eat fruits during transplant. However, the transplant patient had been discharged before the New Year. And you guess who did I give the ‘unhealthy’ chocolate sweets to? The nurses :-)

I told a few of the patients I was like them a year ago, receiving treatment in the ward during Chinese New Year. I tried my best to encourage some of them and in some occasions I also shared my treatment experience especially on bone marrow transplant with them.

I don’t know how the patients felt while seeing me, but I was definitely happier after the visit. I don’t know why. It may be due to the effect of “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”(施比受更为有福) Acts 20:35 :-)

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear David, I 100% agrees 施比受更为有福. That is why you fell very happy after visiting then. We can give because we received a lot or extra from God blessing. But now a day people think 受施比更为有福. Their keep to grab more and more thing but still cannot catch the best thing - Eternal Peace & Happiness form Eternal God.

My God use us to be the blessing for many.

Amen

Kuok Chai

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

Thank you for your comment. What you say is very true :-)

David