Saturday, February 10, 2007

Day +220

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

The agency supplied us with a temporary maid for three months. After that they persuaded us to accept another Christian maid who was still employed by someone. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the employer decided not to employ the maid even though the maid only worked for them for a few months.

How could the maid work for me while her official employer as stated in the work permit was someone else? I was a little bit puzzled, but the agency assured me everything was in order and promised me that they would change the maid’s employer to me officially as soon as possible.

About three months later, they asked me to go to their office to collect some documents. “Your maid is no longer AAA. Her name is now BBB Binti CCC!” one of the staffs said. While saying this, the staff passed me the maid’s new passport with her new name on it, ferry boarding pass, immigration clearance and the proper work permit. This gave me a shock! It was really beyond my expectation that this thing could happen.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: