Saturday, February 17, 2007

Day +227

I am fine today.

Like past years, my family and I celebrated Chinese New Year in Puchong, Selangor. I went to wet market at 5:00am this morning to do some shopping for New Year Eve Dinner. The hawkers in the market marked up the price of some New Year items incredibly. One kg of broccoli cost RM10.00 for example :-(. In hypermarket like TESCO, it cost less than RM4.00 per kg. Unfortunately, it is out of stock since yesterday. After comparing the price, I conclude that tremendous saving could be achieved if we shop in hypermarket instead of wet market.

I taught my nieces to cook the deep-fried sea food Tofu. They did the job very well :-) My wife told me the Tofu tasted better than the one that I cooked. 名师出高徒.( An accomplished disciple owes his accomplishment to his great teacher) :-)

A photo of the Tofu they cook :-)


I cooked pineapple pork rib this time.

The dish that my mother-in-law cook: very delicious dry shark fin. This dish is one of her specialties. We use the real shark fin. A handful of it cost RM50.00.

My family and my fourth sister’s family together with my two nieces and a nephew who is studying in UPM have Chinese New Year dinner together. My sister also prepared many dishes including mixed vegetables, stewed duck, sea cucumber soup, herb chicken, steam fish and etc.

This is a group photo that we take after the dinner.

Last year this time, I was staying in the hospital doing my chemotherapy. I am so glad and thankful to God that this time I am able to celebrate Chinese New Year with my family.

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

这全都是上帝的恩典。感谢主。

David said...

我完全同意你的说法:-)