Friday, February 16, 2007

Day +226

I am fine today.

Before going for the bone marrow transplant, doctor warned me the possible side effects of a bone marrow transplant. “Quality of life may change,” she said. However she did not mention how it would change; better or worse.

Doctor spotted white spots in my mouth during my last follow-up (Day +222), which she attributed to graft versus host disease (GVHD). However, I failed to find these white spots when I checked my mouth through mirror at that time. Now my mouth is full of white spots and my taste buds begin to change as well. It is very difficult to explain how they change clearly. In summary, all foods taste a little bit bitter.

I don’t know how much it would change in future. My son Daniel once asked me why all unhealthy foods are delicious and healthy foods are not delicious, which I don’t have an answer yet. Now I just pray that my test buds will be reversed so that all healthy foods are delicious and unhealthy foods are not delicious. With this, I will crave for healthy foods naturally; no longer need to force myself to take healthy food :-) In the end, the quality of life do change; it becomes better:-)

Apart from white spots in the mouth, itchy rashes starts to appear on my body; another sign of GVHD I believe. I have to wait for the doctor to confirm this on my next follow-up on 26 February. In the mean time, I would just enjoy the delicious Chinese New Year dishes before they turn undelicious :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: