Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day +230

I am still fine today, but not as fine as before.

It is no joke to have GVHD! The sign of GVHD on my body especially the mouth is getting more and more apparent each day. My whole mouth including the tongue turns white now. I have to moisturize my mouth with water from time to time because it is very dry. I also have mouth pain and sore throat especially while swallowing :-(

In addition to mouth problem, itchy rashes grows all over my body :-( And not only this, my eyes turned sticky and dry too :-( These are all signs of chronic GVHD.

Since today is still public holiday, I cannot go back to UH to see my doctor. I thought of seeing a doctor in a nearby clinic to at least temporarily relieve some of my symptoms like dry mouth, sticky eyes and itchy rashes so that I can bear the discomfort until my appointment on next Monday. When I was just about to enter the clinic, I suddenly had an idea of calling a friend who was battling chronic GVHD for 5 years. He strongly advised me to go back to UH tomorrow to let the doctor assess my situation. He said he experienced all what I am experiencing now. With this, I turned away from the clinic, bought an eye drop from Guardian, and then went home.

I later described my situation to a BMT nurse over the phone. She also advised me to go back to see doctor tomorrow. She is so good that she called me back again offering me many tips to relieve my discomfort :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: