Friday, February 23, 2007

Day +233

I am fine today.

I believe my body is responding quite well to steroid Prednisolone in suppressing the GVHD. My mouth and throat is no longer painful tought they are still dry with white spots. The rashes on my body are significantly reduced and they become less itchy now. However, my eyes are still dry.

I hope my liver function will improve also. Anyway, this can only be confirmed with a blood test on the coming Monday. If the ALT and AST level drop, then it is very likely the GVHD is under control.

In the evening, my youngest brother Richard invited my family to have a steamboat dinner in his house. As usual, the steamboat ingredients included prawn and sotong (squid) which most people believe to be poisonous (很毒). As such, many people advised me not to touch those foods, and I swear I didn’t eat any of them tonight. But I must admit that I drank quite a lot of their essence because there are plenty of sotong and prawn found in the steamboat soup which I drank quite a lot :-)

If you are worried why I am so gluttonous and stubborn, don’t want to listen to people’s advice. Nothing much I can do :-( Perhaps, one way to reduce your worry is to trust the sotong and squid essence will in fact relieve my GVHD condition through the ‘以毒攻毒’ (Poison cures poison) principle :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: