Friday, November 10, 2006

Day +128

I am fine today. Continue my fourth chemo story…

My wife visited me almost everyday, bringing lunch for me and accompanied me until evening. Then my brother, nephew or sister sent dinner to me.

One the 20 April 2006 (Day 17), my wife delivered our baby boy Aaron in the maternity ward, UH. The maternity ward is very near to the ward that I was staying at that time. I could see the maternity block through the windows but was not allowed to visit my wife. This was because my white blood count at that time was only 0.4. I felt quite upset because I could not accompany my wife. What I could do was just to pray for the smooth delivery of baby and also God’s protection upon both the baby and the mother.

At about 4:00pm that day, a nurse came to tell me that the maternity ward informed her that my wife already delivered the baby. But there was no information on the condition of the baby and the mother. My wife called later in the evening to inform me that she and the baby did very well :-)

Like our elder two boys, Aaron is a G6PD deficiency boy. Since baby with G6PD deficiency could catch jaundice very easily, the doctor “detained” him and the mother for one week in the hospital for observation. Therefore, at that time, 50% of the populations (three of us) of my family were in the hospital :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: