Sunday, November 26, 2006

Day +144

I am fine today. I attended Sunday worship in the morning and bought school uniforms for the two boys on the way back from church. The Jusco member day ends today, so I have to shop today in order to get 15% discount.

InnerTalk Story: Part 2 of 6

They have over 400 titles for you to choose from. This covers almost anything you need, from “Freedom from Junk Food” to “Natural Breast Enlargement”. But unfortunately, I could not find a title related to detoxification which a lot of health conscious people are talking about. With such CD, one no longer needs to go to the extreme to perform controversial and may be risky colon irrigation detoxification using coffee enema. Just listen to music and you will be detoxified. It is so cheap and easy, isn’t it?

The promoter at the exhibition booth asked why I wore mask. I told her my story. She then gave me a free Cancer Remission music CD. They claimed that this free CD showed that they are non-profit organization, but selling a CD at RM139, who will not doubt that, they are non-profit organization?

The promoter also enquires about my financial situation. I was so touch by her kindness initially; I thought she was going to assist me financially. After telling her that my financial situation is manageable, she said it would be better for me to purchase a dual CD set titled “Accelerated Healing & Well Being” which cost RM249. Of course I declined her suggestion gracefully. I dared not tell her that in fact someone already copied the CD for me free of charge a few months ago ;-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I learned about something along the "new age" philosophy sometime back. It is called the "law of attraction" (words like positive energy, that man seems so energize, etc keep popping up.)

In essense the law attraction is about our mind enabling things to happened because our thought aligns things to happen. For example, if you think or dream of a new car, you will obtain it in the future as you strive for it. Very simple. Just do the exercise recommended and you can achieve your wildest dream.

Now, the intriguing part is that the philosophers claimed that the law of attraction formed the basis of religious faith. That's why when you have faith in something, things can happen in accordance to your faith.

The other interesting part is the involvement of quantum physics! I can understand now why modern society has so much difficulty in believing in a personal God. It is because the universe is God as far as this philosophy is concerned.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me, Dennis Sek the philosopher. Just in case you want to know my religious background, I am a Christian attending CBC, PJ (www.cbcpj.org)

David said...

Yes, based on New Age idea, eventually not only the universe is God, we are God. People who believe this always believe that we have "Unlimited Power Within Us", and since we have unlimited power, we are promoted to God :-)

But I can assure you that this does not work. This 'unlimited power within us' is very much limited. If we have faith that we can fly just by swinging our hand, would we be able to fly? No, no. No matter how big our faith is (including those faith guru who tell us we have unlimited power), this does not happen, which expose our limitation immediately.

Thus, there is a very clear distintion between New Age faith and Christian faith. New Age faith believe in onself, but Christian faith believe in God.

The next question is what do we believe in God? Many Christian see faith as a mean for God to fulfill our needs like a magic wand. While this is not totally wrong, I believe that the biggest faith is that when things do not happen in accordance to our faith, and yet we still believe in God and trust God.

Just my opinion :-)