Monday, November 13, 2006

Day +131

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 116(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 102(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 3.5(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.925 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)
Potassium = 4.8(Normal 3.5 - 5.2)

I am fine today. I went to UH to do follow-up this morning. The white blood count and ANC dropped while the rest of the counts improved. Anyway, the ANC is still within normal range.

Two weeks ago (my blog Day +117), I mentioned that eating Pizza might help to improve my white blood count; a very good increase from 2.8 to 4.2. It looked like this assumption was quite accurate because I did not eat Pizza for the past two weeks, therefore my white blood count dropped from 4.2 to 3.5 this time. After we had the Pizza two weeks ago, I “ban” my family from eating Pizza for two months, but now I think I should uplift the “ban” earlier. A wonderful news for everyone in the family, isn’t it? :-)

On my way back from the hospital this afternoon, my wife phoned me saying that we are running out of rice. Since I was diagnosed with this disease, my family practices “One Country, Two Systems”(一国两制) policy, just like the relationship between China and Hong Kong. I eat brown rice, and the rest of my family members eat normal rice. My wife did not tell me which type of rice to buy, so I assumed that it must be normal rice. I purchased one pack of normal rice home, and the maid treated this pack of normal rice as brown rice and cooked it separately from the normal rice. In the end, she cooked the same normal rice separately, one for me and the other for the rest of my family. This is the powerful result of assumption; I assumed that my wife meant normal rice, and my wife assumed that I knew which rice she meant. The saying “husband and wife are one minded” (心有灵犀一点通) might not work every time (有时一点也不通) :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: