Sunday, November 19, 2006

Day +137

I am fine today. I will conclude my salted fish story today.

You might think that I am finding excuses to eat salted fish (强词夺理、自欺欺人、自圆其说), but there is scientific report that certain type of mouse (SR/CR mouse or cancer-resistant mouse) developed immunity against cancer after being injected with cancer cells. The younger the mouse being injected with cancer cells, the better the chance it would develop immunity against cancer. Therefore, over-controlling our children on what foods they should take might not necessary be a good idea (I don't say we don't care what they eat at all), they might thus miss the chance to be naturally vaccinated. I study the report quite carefully in the ward during bone marrow transplant. The report can be found here. You just need to read the section "A Big Surprise: Cancer Resistance in These Mice is Dependent on Age".

If any of you managed to confirm the hypothesis that salted fish could act as a vaccine against cancer and get Nobel Prize of Physiology and Medicine later, don't forget to mention my name :-)

See you next post :-)

1 comment:

David said...

I am so glad you are willing to do the salted fish research :-)) You are the only one who believe the power of salted fish. May be only those who go through transplant believe this:-) I am so lucky to know u;)

God bless u, Sandra.