Friday, November 24, 2006

Day +142

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

In order to prevent infection due to these enemies, I have to take the following drugs:

1. Sporanox, four pills taken twice daily, to prevent fungus infection.
2. Valtrex (Valaclovir), 3 tablets taken three times daily, to prevent virus infection.
3. Penicillin, 4 tablets taken twice daily, to prevent bacterial infection.
4. Bactrin(Co-Trimoxazole), 8 tablets taken twice weekly, to prevent bacterial infection.
5. Norvasc (Amlodipine), stopped taking, to reduce blood pressure.
6. Supradyn, multivitamin and mineral supplement

Since I am already taking oral forms of anti-bacterial, anti-virus and anti-fungus drugs, if I get infection again, I have to be admitted to hospital to be treated with intravenous drugs. That is why I have to be very careful.

The most expensive drug is Valtrex which costs RM11.30 per tablet and I believe the total cost of the drugs should be more than RM1500 per month. However, I am glad to have them free of charge.

Now I show you the real picture of the drugs that I take, from left to right on the back row: Ciclosporin, Sporanox, Valtrex, Supradyn; on the front row: Card Holder (Not drug, I don’t eat this), Penicillin and Bactrin. Click on the picture to get a larger and clearer view.

Since I consume many Supradyn, I got a lot of card holders. Let me know if you posses too many credit cards and don’t know how to keep them. I can always provide the card holders for you free of charge.

See you next post :-)

No comments: