Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day +129

I am fine today. Continue my fourth chemo story…

I developed fever again on 21 April 2006(Day 18), one day after the birth of baby Aaron. This was the first time I had fever twice during chemotherapy. Even during the Bone Marrow Transplant later, I experienced one occasion of fever only. May be this is because I was too happy to have another child. Anyway the fever subsided two days later.

On 26 April 2006 (Day 23), my white blood count climbed to 1.2. Doctor discharged me from hematology ward. I was so happy to be able to visit my wife and the baby in the maternity ward. They were also “released” from the maternity ward three days later.

I stayed in the hospital for 23 days and 22 nights for this round of chemotherapy. In fact after I was diagnosed with AML, I stayed in the hospital more often than at home :-(

See you next post :-)

No comments: