Friday, November 17, 2006

Day +135

I am fine today.

My mother-in-law brought a lot of foods from Sarawak. Many of them are home made foods: salted fish, dried prawn, dried shrimp, prawn cracker, white peppers and fish floss. She also brought sea weeds, Mee Sua (长寿面) and many other things.

Before she went back to Sarawak, I told my wife that I miss salted fish very much. It had been about two years we did not eat salted fish, and now I don’t dare to eat salted fish purchased from the market because we don’t know whether they are fresh, how they are made, and what unhealthy ingredients had been used. Knowing this, my father-in-law made some salted fish for us using fresh mackerels. The only ingredients used were salt and fresh fishes. The fishes were properly covered while they were being dried under the sun to prevent flies from laying eggs on it. So we can say that the resulting salted mackerels are ‘healthy’ unhealthy food.

I ate a small piece (2cm x 1cm) of salted fish this afternoon. It was so delicious :-)

To be continued tomorrow and see you next post :-)

No comments: