Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Day +139

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

Using services from the data recovery company is beyond my option now. Just like there is something like Alternative Medicine, I was thinking of ‘Alternative Data Recovery’; ‘natural’ approaches that does not disturbed the hard disk much. Firstly, I laid hand on the hard disk, praying and blessing it in front of my wife and children :-). Then I heated the hard disk under the sun for half an hour and then quickly brought the hot hard disk back, fixed it up and connected it to the computer, but it did not work. Someone told me to cool the hard disk inside the refrigerator, but I did not try it. The next thing I did was to connect the hard disk as an internal drive to my nephew desktop. It worked!

I was so happy to have the precious data back again. Finding something that was lost is definitely a rejoicing experience. One of the parables that Jesus told was called the Parable of the lost Son (Luke 15:11-32). It talked about a man who had two sons. The younger one demanded the father to give him his share of estate and then squandered his wealth in wild living. He was hungry and even longed to fill his stomach with the foods that pigs were eating. Finally he realized the goodness of his father and turn to his father again. The father was so happy to see the son coming home. He said, “Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.” When we repent from our sin and turn to God, there is rejoicing in heaven such as this :-)

Anyway, I later found out that the hard disk is still healthy but the external USB hard disk casing is faulty.

Have a nice day and see you next post :-)

No comments: