Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Day +195

I am fine today. Now continue to talk my pre-transplant preparation and struggle…

We were very nervous to wait for the HLA typing result. The probability of finding a match in a sibling is 25%. Since I have 8 brothers and sisters, we should find two matches. However, we came to know earlier that a patient with 12 siblings failed to find a match. If I could not find a match, I have to find a non-sibling donor whose HLA type matches mine and this type of transplant is more complicated. The fact that this type of transplant has to be done abroad would also increase greatly my financial burden.

Everyone in the family was relieved when the HLA typing results showed that my third sister’s HLA type match mine. In fact, we least expect her to be the donor because she is ‘heavy weight’, having hypertension and stomach problem. In addition to this, she is very sleepy :-) I wrote about her sleepiness on my blog Day +20 :-)

Now we have to repent because we 'looked down' upon her initially:-( She is now my hero :-) And I praise God, the greatest hero in my heart, who provided the one and only and the best match for me :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May grace of the GOD always with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi David...

I had just discovered ur blog yesterday night. You are very positive and humourous despite all the difficulties you have to face. And thank God that you have a very firm and good support system around you. Your blog is really very encouraging and I read all your posts in one go~!!! I am your fan now~~ Keep writing~~
God bless you..

David said...

Hi miao, it's indeed very touching and encouraging to have someone reading a total of my 195 posts in one go :-) A big thank you and may God bless you. David