Monday, January 08, 2007

Day +187

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) = 126(Normal 130-180)
Platelet = 137(Normal 150-450)
White Blood Count (WBC) = 3.6(Normal 4 - 11)
Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) = 1.8 (Normal 1.5 - 8.0)

I went to UH to do my follow-up this morning. The white blood count dropped from 4.4 to 3.6. It looks like it is still fluctuating. The platelet and red blood count (Haemoglobin) have been increasing consistently over the past 4 months.

Doctor reduced my daily Ciclosporin (anti-GVHD) intake from 50mg to 25mg and my next follow-up will be one month later.

My wife went to work early in the morning and my maid is still having her holiday. So without me, my mother-in-law has to take care of baby Aaron, Adriel and Joseph. With this, it is very difficult for her to prepare lunch. So I volunteered to fry Singapore Style Beehon (星洲米粉) for lunch before going to hospital.

While I was busy preparing the ingredients for Beehon, the bank called me to inform me that my current account was overdrawn. I had to top it up immediately, but still be penalized RM50 for this. At that time, I just couldn’t figure out what caused the overdrawn, I always monitor the balance ‘properly’ before issuing cheques.

When I checked my account online, I only realized that four cheques that I issued to UH for CMV testing after my bone marrow transplant were only cleared on 5 January this year. These cheques were issued on 2 August, 7 August, 24 August and 29 September last year. Since they were issued so long ago, I already ‘lost track’ of them.

What took it more than four months just to clear a cheque? Sigh! This is Malaysia Boleh! Even receive money also lazy. What can we expect from them?

Anyway, this is how some of the government departments work. The UH medical team is excellent :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: