Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day +189

I am fine today.

I went to the wet market early this morning to buy some chickens, ducks and fishes. This is the first time I went to wet market since my bone marrow transplant. Even though I wore mask rarely recently, I still wore mask when I visited the market because to my perception, this wet market is bacteria breeding ground.

After finish buying the fishes, I went to buy chickens. I asked the chicken seller whether his Kampung Chickens (菜园鸡) contain beta-agonist (长肉剂) residue. He answered quickly, “No, no, in fact it is organic.” Then he explained further why they are considered organic. The main reason is that these chickens are feed on natural foods and no drug like beta-agonist and antibiotics are used.

Apart from this, these chickens are reared for more than 100 days before they get pushed out to the market for sale, therefore no growth hormone is needed. In contrast, the normal chickens are only reared for 50 days. The Kampung Chickens (菜园鸡) costs RM10 per kg while the normal chicken cost only RM5.5 per kg. This translated to about RM5 per 50 days per kg, which means RM0.1 per day per kg. The super-organic chickens that my sisters used to send from Sarawak are reared for about 180 days. So 1kg of such chicken should costs 180xRM0.1 = RM18. This in fact is the price that they pay for the super-organic chickens there. With this, I can straight away tell what type of chickens that I get based on the price :-)

I discovered a new formula, clever me! I learned this self-praise attitude from Joseph, he always praise himself by saying, “Perfect!” after he finished a job, even if he screwed up the job. Like son like father (有其子必有其父) :-)

To be continued and see you next post :-)

No comments: