Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Day +210

I am fine today.

Today marks 7 months of my post bone marrow transplant. I am glad to be able to attend our company monthly meeting and annual lunch :-) Instead of talking about herbs and friends, I would like to take a break and share with you what I presented to my colleagues in the meeting.

“I am very glad to be able to talk to you again. Now I have more things to talk about life than software development. Life is good and to be alive is marvelous. It is indeed a miracle that I live. In fact, it is a miracle that you live too. Considering those billions processes that are running within you perfectly, how could you say that you live ‘naturally’? So we should not take life for granted, and in whatever challenges that you meet, no matter how tough they are, just remember that it is a blessing that you are alive to handle the problem.

During the past year, it was a tough job for you to make our to-be-launched software ‘defect free’. It was also a tough job for me to make myself ‘defect free’. This requires hope firstly; a hope that the ending is better than beginning and I believe this hope drove us forward with courage, endurance and patience.

However, there was a significant difference between you and me while going through this process. I had to do the job dangerously while there was no dangers involved in your case :-)

Lastly, I should say again, life is good. Based on what everyone presented this morning, we made good money from the software sales, we also made good progress on software development and most importantly, we shall now enjoy good foods together.

Thank you.”

A group photo of all staff in the company. Click the photo to get a larger view.


Lao Sheng (捞生).

See you next post :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi David,

Good to read you are fine and of
course the smile on your face say
it all. Cheers.

David said...

Thank you :-)