Monday, January 22, 2007

Day +201

I am fine today.

Now I am back to office officially after 14 month break. My ability to work is ‘certified verbally’ by Dr. Gan and Dr. Alan Teh during last follow-up. If you still have doubt or worry whether I should work, I shall ask doctors to stamp the words ‘guaranteed to work’ on my forehead :-)

Joseph was just recovered from fever, but now Daniel and Adriel are having it. My wife ‘summoned’ me home at 5:30pm because she and my mother-in-law could not handle the situation at home.

I had to work hard at home; taking care of baby, supervised Joseph to do homework, involved in cooking dinner, and giving medicine to Daniel and Adriel. I had to perform all sort of tricks to make Adriel drinking the Paracetamol. These include claiming the drug as delicious ‘Ice Cream Medicine’, praising her a ‘Great Hero’, let her played the syringe, and finally, if everything did not work, ‘forced’ her to drink.

It was already midnight when I accomplished my works. Who says house wife’s life is better than office life? If you think that your wife is ‘enjoying’ her life at home, I urge you to repent immediately :-)

I hope this ‘hostile’ environment does not bring down the ‘shield’. Hostile, because I have to have close contacts with the two sick children, and ‘shield’, refers to my immune system ‘fortified’ with all the antivirus, antifungus and antibiotics that I take everyday.

See you next post :-)

No comments: