Saturday, January 13, 2007

Day +192

I am fine today.

I moved out from the isolated room to sleep in the master bed room together with my wife and children now. The once isolated room is no longer isolated anymore. It is now occupied by two of my nieces who came from Sarawak yesterday. They just completed their form six exams. They came here to work as temporary teachers in my wife’s school.

Their parents asked them to assist me in whatever ways they can to reduce my burden. These two nieces did not do much house work at home. Hopefully, they can pick up the house work as fast as possible so that I can go to work in the office as soon as possible. To me, working in office is a lot more enjoyable than doing house work.

I believe the happiest person to know that I shifted out from the isolated room is my nephew. This is because he had been ‘banned’ from using the commonly attached toilet since I came back from bone marrow transplant. Now the ‘ban’ is uplifted. He no longer needs to rush to up stair during the midnight to use the toilet there.

Very often, I heard very urgent footstep rushing up stair in the midnight which is followed almost immediately by the sound, “HeeHaa! HeeeHaaa! HeeeeHaaaa! …” Of course this sound is created by my nephew. It is not because he has difficulty in passing motion but because he tried very hard to clear mucus in his nose.

He has nasal sensitivity problem which resulted in a lot of mucus accumulates in his nose. In order to clear his nose, he has to suck in ‘tremendous’ amount of air and make use of this air to push out the mucus. I think it is more or less like how the airplane turbine work :-) The “Heee” sound is generated while he sucks in the air and “Haaa” sound is generated while he pushes it out.

With his using the toilet on the same floor as we sleep, we will soon have to bear this powerful, strong and noisy “HeeHaa” sounds in the midnight. Never mind-lah, just treat it as a ‘twine turbine airplane’ landing in the toilet :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: