Saturday, January 27, 2007

Day +206

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

Computer or no computer, does it matter? Many people suspected my disease was caused by my profession as a software developer. They believe computer produces electromagnetic field that causes cancer in human body. If this is true and substantiated with conclusive research reports, I would not mind to change profession and stop using computers and most importantly, I shall not go for bone marrow transplant.

I only met one patient whose profession was related to computer throughout my treatment in UH, but surprisingly, I met 6 school teachers who received treatment due to Leukaemia or Lymphoma in the same period of time :-( Apart from this, I also met students, housewives, clerks, lorry drivers and etc.

A colleague of my wife (teacher) was very worried when she heard that I was diagnosed with this disease. She is afraid of getting the same disease as I am because she is subjected to heavy pressure at work. If she came to know I met so many teachers who were diagnosed with blood diseases, she must ‘terpelanting’ (falls flat on the floor) :-(

With this, I hope those who work long hour in front of computer and are worried about of getting ‘infected’ by the computer the same disease that I was getting can “sit back, and relax” now :-) Teachers do not have to worry too much too; meeting so many teachers at that period of time might purely be a coincidence.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brother David,

I read all one week story just now. Thanks for your sharing. I really appreciated of your own experience sharing. I am sure a lot of people get more 'real' information from you. Keep sharing. I will read it form time to time.

Best regards,

Wong Kuok Chai

David said...

Dear Kuok Chai,

Glad to hear from you and thanks for the encouragement.

God bless,
David