Sunday, January 07, 2007

Day +186

I am fine today. I would like to share with you again some of the content of my sharing during the New Year countdown.

There are two main things I would like to thank God, all of them due with life. The first thing is I am alive. I stayed in hospital on and off for a total of 150 days as a treatment of Leukemia since November 2005 until August 2006. These included four rounds of chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant.

During the early stage of my bone marrow transplant, I noticed that my ward had wireless internet access. Without any delay, I setup this blog to inform family members and friends about my progress. My first post was one day before the infusion of my sister’s stem cells (actual transplant day or Day 0). In that post, I explained briefly the transplant procedure and risks that I was going to face. Upon reading my blog, one of my brother-in-laws told my eldest sister that my blog was not readable (不堪入目). I don’t know why it was not readable. Most probably he was so scared by the risks that I mentioned until he felt that those who read the blog will be in danger as well (连看的人也有危险):-)

The second thing that I would like to thank God is that a new life is born into my family. This baby boy who was born during my fourth round of chemotherapy is eight and half months old now. He is healthy and cute :-) Of course, parents will always see their own child the cutest in this world and to speak frankly, I am no exception :-)

A happy baby Aaron :-) Click on the photo to get a larger one.

See you next post :-)

No comments: