Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day +203

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday…

During my third cycle of chemotherapy in UH, I met an Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) patient who failed to response to many rounds of chemotherapy in SJMC and UH. We befriended each other and in one occasion, we stayed next to each other in the ward.

He was a fan of a prominent Hong Kong male singer called Eason Chan (陈奕迅). The singer flied all the way from Hong Kong to support and encourage him during the last stage of his disease. This was reported on the front page of Sin Chew Daily and multiple pages on the entertainment session.

Someone introduced the family a Qi Gong master (气功大师) from Johore who claimed to cure many people from all sort of sickness, including cancers. They spent more than RM1000 for the Qi Gong master to come to the hospital. My friend’s mother told me later that the Qi Gong master demonstrated his ‘power’ by placing his finger tip on top of her head and made her spin. The Qi Gong master explained that the Leukaemia is caused by blocked Qi in the body and patient could practice Qi Gong to unblock the Qi to cure Leukaemia. He also helped ‘transmitted’ his Qi (运气) into my friend’s body in an attempt to unblock the Qi.

Further to this, this Qi Gong master asked my friend’s mother to phone him everyday to enable his Qi to be transmitted through the telephone line to her, and this Qi was then transferred to my friend through his mother. The call is not without cost, RM40 per call :-( This is really incredible to me!

I observed my friend's progress carefully, hoping that the Qi Gong master’s power would works as claimed, and my friend would be cured. If this happened, I will practice Qi gong and shall not go for transplant.

To my disapointment, this Qi Gong failed miserably on him and he passed away not long after I was discharged from my transplant. I wrote a short note about him on my blog Day +35.

To be continued and see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

The Qi Gong master (气功大师) in question could be a conman; but then Qi Gong, Tai chi or even Yoga do help in maintaining good health for ex-patients .

I advise you to join a Qi Gong or Tai Chi group in your area,
believe me it will be benefical to you to stay healthy.

Take care and cheers.

Peter

David said...

Hi Peter,

Thank for your advice. I do believe that these practices contribute to our health to some extent.

My Pastor told me that there is a Tai Chi class near by my church. It might be good for me to attend the class :-)

Best Regards,
David