Friday, January 12, 2007

Day +191

I am fine today.

My maid supposed to come back yesterday after almost 6 weeks of holiday. She called me in the yearly morning informing me that she was not coming. The only thing that I could say is “OK” in a gentle tone. What else can I say? “Not K” or simply ‘jump’ into the telephone and get transmitted there to teach her a lesson?

Nothing can change the fact that she decided not to come back no matter how I react. I could choose to react angrily or gently. Reacting angrily is definitely not good for my health. In fact, it doubles my losses (losses due to she did not come back + losses due to the negative effect of angriness bring to my health).

Richard said I should hold part of her salary to force her come back to work as promised. But if she has no interest to work anymore, coming back because of the unclaimed salary might cause more trouble than not.

How much do I lost? The returning air ticket (240) and holiday letter (RM70) cost me RM 310 only. If she comes back to work, she will get the salary for the 6 weeks holiday and she can claim all her traveling expenses in Indonesia.

How much do I gain? I do not need to pay her for the 6 weeks holiday (RM750) and all the traveling expenses in Indonesia (about RM400). So the total gain that I make is approximately RM1150. The net gain that I make is RM1150 – RM310 = RM840 :-) I win!

My career as a house husband has to be prolonged. My head is now ‘spinning’ thinking of those house works: cleaning, cooking, shopping, taking care of children and etc. Everyday is the same :-(

How I wish I could work quietly and comfortably in the office like you.

See you next post :-)

No comments: