Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day +190

I am fine today. Continue from yesterday...

The chicken seller also told me that his chicken sales increased by about 30% recently due to the exposure of the use of Beta-Agonist in pig farm. Many people including me dare not consume pork now. However, I am not so much influenced by this since I consume pork rarely even before the Beta-Agonist issue.

In order to find out more, I visited the pork seller stalls to see how they are doing. The situation there is really bad (惨不忍睹). Very few people purchase pork and the woman pork seller whom I bought pork occasionally with was not there. I wanted to ‘interview’ her about the effect of Beta-Agonist on their business and learned how to distinguish if the pork meat contains Beta-Agonist. You see, I am now tried to be as busy body as my eldest sister who always ask tons of questions (问到底) in order to understand something. Anyway, I am still at the beginning level. When I saw that the woman was not there, my interest of ‘interviewing’ pork sellers waned quickly.

This is not the case with my eldest sister, she would talk to anybody that she can find until she understand. Very often, she found out that she missed to understand something or forgot to ask some questions when she reached home. She will then come back again the next day to ask the questions :-) I see her as a busy body Kamikaze. (敢死队队员)

There was very little pork laid on the table. As what a busy body usually does, I stopped by the store to start evaluating the pork to see if Beta-Agonist was used even though I had no intention to buy it. My conclusion was that this pork still contains Beta-Agonist for two reasons: firstly, the fat meat was very thin and secondly the marble like structure on the meat was not apparent.

I asked my youngest brother Richard whether he still eat pork. “Why not, we have been eating it (together with Beta-Agonist) for so long. Why do we need to be afraid of it now?” he answered without any hesitation. Another Kamikaze in my family. This one is pork eater Kamikaze :-)

See you next post :-)

No comments: