Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day +20

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) 99(Normal 130-180)
Platelet 18(Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) =1.8 (Normal 4 - 11)

I am fine today. The white blood count increase by 0.5 to 1.8. This is the best increase so far. Hopefully, it will be more than 2.0 by tomorrow. The platelet also increase from 15 to 18, an increase without platelet transfusion first time ever. Meanwhile, the red blood count also increased from 95 to 99.

The doctor will do a Bone Marrow Aspiration(BMA) for me tomorrow. This is my 7th BMA. A needle will be inserted into the back of one of my hipbones to draw a liquid sample of the bone marrow for analysis. I always requested the doctor to put me to sleep before the procedure or else it will be very painful.

I sleep most of the day because I am too sleepy. I am afraid I started to be like my sister who donated the stem cells to me. She is very hardworking but also always very sleepy. We used to do homework and revision on the same table while we were schooling long time ago. I always like to sit at her opposite side, facing her. She would start to become very busy after sitting down - not busy doing the revision but busy "mengantuk"(continuous bowed down her head due to sleepiness) with a book wide open in front of her. Since bowing is a sign of respect, so I enjoyed her continuous respect while I was studying or doing my homework. We advised her to go sleep but because she was so hardworking, she always refused to go to sleep. She would like to continue to study and at the end she ended up with her continuous act of respecting me for hours. So you can see how respectable am I :-)

But now I am as sleepy as her. If we sit opposite to each other, you will be amazed how much this pair of brother and sister respecting each other by bowing their head to each other continuously :-)

See you next post:-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i understand why daniel and joseph are so cute. especially the way they talk. answer: they have a very humour daddy.

cheer! ^_^


GOD BleSS yOU!!

suzzane poh

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

谢谢你的分享,我在办公室看到你的文字,「哈」的一声笑了出来!

你有趣的分享,让我记起以下的经文:

* * *

你们清晨早起,夜晚安歇,吃劳碌得来的饭,本是枉然;惟有耶和华所亲爱的,必叫他安然睡觉。

诗篇 127:2

It's useless to rise early and go to bed late, and work your worried fingers to the bone. Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?

Psalms 127:2

* * *

愿慈爱的主继续保守你,在休息的日子,安然睡个好觉。

以马内利。

Dawn : )

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Happy to see the WBC counting is increasing.

It seems that its produces WBC normally.

Thanks God !

In Him,
Sunny (ShaKok Alliance Church)

Anonymous said...

David,

The bone marrow aspiration is very painful and it's hard time.

We will keep pray for you and your family

Keep on ! God always besides you !

In Him,
Sunny

Anonymous said...

Brother, you really got a sense of humour....:-)

"With Christ in the vessel we can smile at the storm" I think this is best to describe it..

Grace Wong frm Taiping.

David said...

Hi Suzzane, my wife also keep on saying that the children are influenced by me, but I would insist that they influence me:-)

Thank you Dawn for the sharing.

Thank you Sunny for praying for me.

Yes, Grace it is true. When we put our hope on God, we will let Him control and relax.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»