Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Great Day 0 - My New Immune System's Foundation Laid

First of all, I am very touched and encouraged to receive so much encouraging comments within such as short time. I know many of you out there are very concerned about my situation and some of you even fasted to pray for me. I feel the joy of God with me.

Pastor Andrew came very early this morning to the ward to pray for me. He gave me this bible verses. "Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her. And I will give her her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt." Hosea 2:14-15

The transplant process started at about 9:10am and end at 9:35am today at the ward. The blood bank staff defrosted the stem cells which is packed in a small square like plastic packet to a room temperature. Then the nurse injected a drug to make me sleep. Following this, the stem cells from the packet was dripped into my vein through one of the triple lumens on the neck. But I was awake during the infusion of the stem cells. After that, I slept for almost whole day due to the sleeping drug.

My body do not get any special feeling (reaction) during the infusion? But my heart praise God for his wonderful creation that makes the body works so amazingly.

I praise God that no clotting or technical problem happens during the infusion. The nurse later also unblocked the blocked PICC lumen.

I missed the lunch because I am too sleepy, but my sister and brother-in-law brought good dinner for me which I consumed in less than 10 minutes as my appepite is good now.

The challenges of the next 21 days will be waiting the stem cells to engraft. The blood count will drops due to chemotherapy and I will be very prone to infections. Normally, the GVHD (or rejection) will develops 2 weeks from now or even months later.

But God is my Shepherd, I shall not want and I will be casting all my care upon God, for He careth for me.

God bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LORD will keep you from all harm he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. (Psalm 121: 5-8)

God Bless U!

Ah Ho.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ting,

I am very surprised to learned abt this.

I am happy though that you are pulling through and wishing & praying all will be alright with you.

Pls do call me @0192711282.

All the best & Warm Regards,
Rey