Monday, July 24, 2006

Day +19

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) 95(Normal 130-180)
Platelet 15(Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) =1.3 (Normal 4 - 11)

I am fine today. The white blood count continue to increase to 1.3. The doctor said that my white blood count is increasing quite slowly compared to other patient, but as long as it is increasing, it should not be an issue. There is slight increase in red blood count and the platelet. No platelet transfusion is done today.

With the constant increase of white blood count, we can conclude that the stem cells from the donor are able to engraft. The next thing that we need to pray hard is that no severe GVHD will occurs.

The nurse "uninstalls" the triple lumen catherter at my neck. The reason for the removal is that this type of catherter is prone to infection and it is normally used for two weeks only. I have been using it for almost one month, so "untunglah saya"(I gains) :-)

The doctor also change the intravenous anti-GVHD drug Cyclosporin to oral tablet form, taken twice a day. With this change, the flow control machine is no longer needed which means I can move more freely now - without the need to bring the heavy flow control machine and multiple power extension cords with me. However, now the intravenous drug such as antibiotic, potassium, magnesium and normal saline have to be administered through the catherters on my right hand. This will affect the movement of my right hand. I don't know if I can still play the guitar with those plastic tubes connected from my right hand's "socket" to the mobile stand.

That's all for today, see you next post :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»