Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day +11

My Blood Count Today:
Red Blood Count (RBC) 100 (Normal 130-180)
Platelet 26 (Normal 150-50)
White Blood Count (WBC) =0.1 (Normal 4 - 11)

I have developed sore throat since early morning today, otherwise I am well. Because of this, I have to take soft food. The white blood count remains to be 0.1 and the platelet increased from 18 to 26, the best increment after transfusion :-)

The doctor cancelled the last dose of Methotrexate that suppose to be given by today, due to the throat pain and mouth ulcers.

Every morning, the nurse will take my weight. I weighted 63.4kg this morning, a 3.4kg increment compared to when I was admitted. You would be suprised that my weight is not dropping but increasing. It is definately not due to the luxurious life in this VIP room where I have eaten too much delicious meals. It is because there are too much water left in the body - a situation which also called fluid retention. Apart from the weight comparison, the doctor will look at the fluid input-output (IO) balance. It is simply the total fluild input minus the total fluid output. If there is too much positive balance, then fluid rentention occurs. With this IO balance calculation, I have to record all the fuild intake and all the fuild that I pass out (urine volume). It might seems too tedious for you to do this, but it is perfectly alright for me to do this as I have a lot of spare time in this small room. The only problem is my "short-term memory loss" problem, where I forgot the volume of urine that I passed before I got a chance to record it down after coming out from the toilet. The third approach to judge if one has fluid rentention is to examine the body especially the face, stomarch and the limbs to see if they swell. If they swell then fluid rention occurs. Please be warned that numerous other problems might cause the above conditions, consult a medical doctor if you counter any of the symptoms above is my best advice.

I amost get all the symptoms everyday. In order to discharge the excess fuild in my body, the doctor always administers a drug called Lasix (Furosemide) through injection, luckily not through a needle poking into my body, but through one of the catherters. Then the next one hour or more, I will be busy going to toilet and doing recording.

If you went to a clinic and the doctor decided he needs to administer this drug to you, never insist that you need an injection instead of taking an oral form of the drug. While many peope are afraid of injection, one of my friends will always force doctor to give him injection. I believe he has not so much confident on oral medicine or he is a hot tempered guy who want instant result. If you get an Lasix injection and try to drive home immediately, you would most likely to have a "game-over" in your car as the injection works incredibly fast, normally within 10 to 15 minutes.

That's all for today and see you next post :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ting,

Glad to hear that you are getting positive results and doing well.
Keep it up and pray that everything will go back to normal very soon. Take care.

regards,

Tiong YK

Anonymous said...

Dear David,

Good morning. So glad to know that you are progressing well. Pray that the WBC will increase further today, and we can read the good news from your next posting.

So eager wanted to see you back to our church. A healty David.

Take good care and have fun.

warmest regards,
Grace

Anonymous said...

Dear David,
May the Lord strengthen your spirit, soul and body. I will remember you in my prayer.

Your former INTI colleague,
Chloe Thong
(I hope you still remember me)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ting,

worrisome in last few days of not seeing your posting!
Glad to know you resolved the "Siaran tergendala" problem and continue broadcasting consistently again.

Take good care.
CNLee

David said...

I received the following comments from email but are missing from the blog, so I most it here with some reply.
---------------------------

Dear David,
May the Lord strengthen your spirit, soul and body. I will remember you in my prayer.

Your former INTI colleague,
Chloe Thong
(I hope you still remember me)

Dear Chloe, I am glad to hear from you and I remember you very very well :-) Are you still with Inti? You can drop me a mail at david@esteemsoft.com.my

-----------------------------
Hi Ting,

worrisome in last few days of not seeing your posting!
Glad to know you resolved the "Siaran tergendala" problem and continue broadcasting consistently again.

Take good care.
CNLee

Don't worry Lee, I am OK but the notebook NOT :-(

-------------------------------

Dear David,
I'm your sister, Sie Huong's college in Kuching. She sms me about your BMT at HUKM and said "so far so good". I'm touched by your power to face the treatment.
You are a strong man and you will get well soon.Everyone is praying that your platlets and WBC will climb to the normal ranges. God Bless You

Hi, thank you for your prayer and may God bless you :-)

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»